Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A Decent Chest Workout..I Guess

Ok so I know I stated that I was going to post my sets, reps and weight, but I think today along with shoulder day I will just post my routine. Reason being, is this, I am not a bodybuilder that uses light weight for sets, not my style. I was brought up lifting heavy weights for football in high school and all through college. My best in college at the age of 22 at 190lbs was Squat: 550 (that was on my 12th set of maxing out), Bench: 385, and Power Clean: 315. So by all means do I lift light my normal weights that I use for sets are much heavier than what I used in college, but for now with my shoulder recovering I have to take it easy. Before my shoulder doing flat bench with 315 for 10-15 reps was butter, today I had trouble doing 185 for 10 talk about depressing, but you got to keep your warrior mentality and get through the grind. So this is what I battled through today for an OK workout: remember weights not included.
Flat barbell bench-3 sets
Incline db bench-3 sets
Incline hammer press-3 sets
Seated cable flys-3 sets
Cable cross overs-3 sets
I usually do more free weights but the stability of the machines actually is easier on my shoulder, also I usually don't do cable cross over’s in the off season it's more of a detailing movement for pre contest. But all in all I got a good pump and felt ok, hopefully as the weeks go on my strength starts going back up. Tomorrow is my off day which I am sure my shoulder needs, so I will post again on Thursday unless something major happens tomorrow. WHAT DOESN'T KILL YOU ONLY MAKES YOU STRONGER.
Guy

No comments: