Sunday, October 28, 2007

3 WEEKS OUT...GETTING TOUGH

SO....its 3 weeks away the biggest show of my life thus far, and man am I feeling it. I was looking through my diet log for the Mets and the Jr. USA's, 3 weeks out from the mets I was 190 lbs, currently 3 weeks out from the Nationals I am 182 lbs. I am looking a lot better than I did for my last shows but as always my body gets very stubborn due to the fact that my body does not want to be this weight (as Palumbo would say) so this is the point where I start to get tortured. Dave made some changes in my diet today, if you kept track of my blogs the past few weeks, two weeks ago he cut my cheat meal and I was doing 2 days without fats, 2 days with. The following week he changed it to 3 days no fats, 1 day with. Now, today he changed it to 6 days not fats, 1 day with fats (That day is like a cheat meal to me). Along with that I am also training 5 days a week and doing 2 1/2 hours of cardio a day, 75 minutes in the morning on an empty stomach and 75 minutes post workout. The diet I can deal with its the boring cardio that I have to do, there's nothing fun about that crap. But hopefully I will be in shape early so I can get a good carb up for the show and be the biggest and most ripped in my class. But 3 weeks until show time, and only 2 weeks left of cardio and training so just got to keep the warrior mentality and keep getting after it.

On a better note, this past Saturday I was at the Gold's Classic in Jackson NJ, where Calro Filopone and myself where the guest posers. I had a good time there, their were 80 competitors because that show is a National Qualifier so a lot of competitors are trying to get qualified for Nationals in November. That's the original show I got Nationally qualified at back in 2005. My routine was good except I put on an oil before I went onto stage which I never do and the stuff was horrible I couldn't grip any part of my body for any lat spread poses so it threw a monkey wrench in my routine but all in all it was fun Karen and Mike Stienfield ran a very well organized show. Thanks for having me guys, greatly appreciated.

Also, today I had a photo shoot at strong and shapely gym with my good friend/photographer Tony Monchinski, who is a great guy. He has his own column in Muscle Mag which focus's on a lot for East coast bodybuilders. He shot 8 bodybuilder total including myself. So keep an eye out after Nationals for my write up in his column...Thanks Tony for all your help the past year. Tony is the man, he shot all my Amazing Amateurs videos for MD, and I had a full page article that he put in Muscle Mag which I received a lot of emails and complements on. He's a great guy, and a huge impact in the East Coast regime.

Until next time Stay Focused and Keep after your Dreams, you only live ONCE, make it well worth it....
Guy

No comments: