Saturday, October 13, 2007

Bob Bonhams Stong and Shapely Gym

I finally took up Bob Bonhams offer, he emailed me a few weeks ago and told me he would like if I came to his gym and trained, he said he would set me up with a membership and I could train and change my atmosphere since I am dieting for Nationals. Any bodybuilder knows training at the same place all the time can get to be an annoyance at some points unless your at the hard core gyms like Strong and Shapely, Diamond, Bev's, or Golds New Haven. So I took Bob up on his offer and went over to his gym in East Rutherford today, which shockingly is only 25 minutes from my house if that. So my cousin Dave and I headed over there around 1:00pm, and started our workout Bis and Tris today. I have worked out at Bobs gym before but hadn't been there for at least 2 years, so I had to get my senses of where everything was, once I did, it was GO TIME! Dave and I blasted out 12 sets of hard core bis and tris, my arms were jacked up, sometimes I am amazed how I get such sick pumps on no carbs and my body just running on ketones, but in all honestly I have gotten some of my best workouts and pumps on NO CARBS. My workout was great there I will be there a lot more now that Bob talked with me, each gym has different machines that targets the muscles differently so each workout you hit the muscle in a different way, which in my opinion is optimal for muscle growth.
I got into talking with Bob before I left, I have talked to him in the past but real quick, we talked for about an hour. We hit on every topic from girls, bodybuilding, gyms, training, the Olympia, he is a very down to earth, great guy, one who loves the sport of bodybuilding. You would think by his demeanor that he was a bodybuilder, but actually he has done everything but. He is a gym owner of one of the best gyms on the east coast, he was a promoter, judge, photographer, and a trainer. He is a well rounded individual and I Thank You Bob for all your support and appreciate what you have done for me....Thanks, until next time.
IF YOU PUT YOUR MIND TO IT, YOU CAN ACHIEVE IT!!!
Guy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So when are you going to take me to one of these GYMS?
POP

JOZFLHS722hotmail.com said...

HI GUY........MAYBE U SHPULD TAKE ME ALONG I'M ABOUT READY FOR THE GYM NOW SINCE I HAVE BEEN HOLDING MY WEIGHT STEADY FOR 3 MONTHS AT 135.....WHAT DO YA THINK?????????MOM