Saturday, October 20, 2007

BEVS POWERHOUSE GYM

Again, today, was another one of those traveling across the world days for me. I took a trip to see Palumbo to evaluate me since I am 4 weeks out as of today. Me and my training partner Dom went to Bevs gym in Syosset NY, which I workout at every time I am in the area. That gym is the mecca of gyms around. By mecca I say that because there are so many pictures and collages of old time and up and coming bodybuilders, along with fitness models, figure competitors, and athletes. I mean the gym just has an aura about it that when you walk in the only thing you want to do is throw around weight. I met Colette Nelson there (Dave Palumbos finace), and her, Dom, and myself all got a great arm workout in. Wanted to give a thanks to Steve and Bev, although they are usually not there on the weekends, the staff always welcomes me with open arms and that means a lot when your a bodybuilder trying to make a dream come true. So THANKS TO STEVE AND BEV AND POWER HOUSE GYM FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT!!!!!

So on a worse note, my diet, and cardio changed as of today. I saw Dave, he said he thinks I am right where I need to be, but wants me to come down lower than I was for the Mets and Jr USA's so I can get a better carb up. For the next 4 weeks I am doing 3 days of just protein, NO FATS OR CARBS, 1 day of Protein and Fats, but here's the worst part my cardio is up to 2 1/2 hours a day, which sucks when you work over 40 hours a week and try to keep a level head. But this is why its bodybuilding, you have to build your body to the best it can be, that's why there's only few who can do what I/We do. Until later on, Stay Strong All, because God knows I have to right now...lol
Guy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Only 4 weeks out uh! Hope David can put up with you! Just kidding. I know how hard you have worked and trained for this ONE ! ! ! !

If there is anyone that has dedicated there whole entire life to become something / someone it is you. I know you will do well out in Dallas I just wish I can be there. I might not be there physically but you know I will be thinking about you every second of the day.

I will be waiting for those calls from Mom and Anthony to tell me that you ahve won!

I will be praying for you and I know that Poppy will be watching you while he is holding Nannies hand.
God Bless you son I love you and I am so proud of of you.

Loving You
POP

5th Ave Gym said...

Hey Guy,

great job at nationals and all the best in your training in the offseason.
Is your offseason diet going to be similar to Palumbo diet you were following on the Speices nutrition profile?
Were you at the INBF National mania Nationals in September at the Species table with Collete?

all the best,

5th Ave Gym!