Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Gotta Push Ahead!

After a long, hard, and emotional weekend, it was back to business. I had to try to put the hard times behind me but keep my boy JJ's memories with me. Yesterday was the funeral and what a worse day for legs to fall on after a very emotional ceremony at the cemetery. But I had to try and get my mind right, although I had lost a close friend, I still gotta push ahead and get through the tough times. For my two guest appearances before Nationals I am going to talk to the promoters to see about having a small table for donations for JJ's family. He left behind, 4 children and a fiance, so I am going to try and do my part to help JJ's family out as much as I can.

So, this had to be the hardest Monday yet to come, I had emotions running wild, but I knew I had to get in a good workout. So I decided to get a good, hard, fast workout in by doing giant sets. So I game planned my workout on the way to the gym with my boy Dom and this is what I decided to do.

Warm up with 2 sets of extensions.
Leg extensions-120x15, 160x15, 180x15, 200x12

GIANT SET-Smith Machine squats (feet far in front)/Leg Press/DB lunges
weights were heavy the smith was around 225 up to 315, leg press we got up to 12 plates, and db lunges were 40 lbs.

Squats-225x12, 315x10, 315x10

After squats I was pretty much shot, my legs were on fire from every angle, even my ham glute tie-in were tight from the smith squats. I did this workout in under an hour and was in and out of the gym. I would highly suggest doing this once a month for a good change of pace. It defiantly shocks the muscles and keeps your muscles growing.
EVERY DAY IS A NEW DAY!
GUY

No comments: