Saturday, September 27, 2008

Big Back At Lions Den...

Thursday night, my close friend PJ Bruan drove down to take a tour of the Jersey gyms. Last week we hit up Apollon Gym, and this week we went to Stokley Palmers LIONS DEN in fair field. The Lions Den is one of the hard core gyms on the east coast, and why wouldn't it be owned by top national ranked super heavy weight Stokley, the gym is nothing short of it's name. Stacked with new and up to date equipment, the gym blasts music and has a bodybuilding aura, not at so-called fitness center that the fitness industry is trying to implement in this current day and age. After talking with Stokley, PJ and I got after Big Back, and this is what I did.

Old school t-bar rows-warm up 2 plates, 3 plates x 12, 4 plates x 12, 5 plates x 12, 10 plates x 10
Underhand barbell rows-225x12, 275x10, 275x10
Lat pull downs-3 sets x failure
Rack Pulls-315x12, 365x10, 405x8
Reverse close grip pull downs-3 sets x failure

It was a good workout, I worked out a little with PJ and did some other exercises on my own because PJ is just off his contest win and isn't back 100 % balls to the wall yet...PJ told me he thinks I am looking great for being 8 weeks out, and that if I come in anything less that 176lbs that I f***ed something up...lol...But it was a great workout, and PJ and I talked and will be working out probably once a week since his shows over, so stay tuned for our workouts.
NOTHING HITS HARDER THAN LIFE
GUY

No comments: