Monday, July 28, 2008

USA Aftermath...

So the USA was a sick show this year. A lot of good competitors, very deep in every class, men and women. There were some upsets and some dark horses. The bantam weights through the welter weights are always stacked with shorter guys shredded to the bone, and this year was no different. I do not know many names in those classes, I usually watch the middles since that's the class I compete in, and have many friends in the heavier classes. Nathan Detracy won the middles this guy is a true light heavy weight, I was looking at his contest history and he was a light heavy weight 2 years back, but he went for conditioning, not size and dominated his class hands down. He was thick and ripped, looked awesome. Curtis Bryant was a dark horse who took out favorite Brandon Ray for 1st in the light heavy weights. Both these guys were thick as shit, my boy B-ray wasn't as hard as Curtis and edged him out to take home 1st and a pro card. The heavy weights were another class. I thought hands down Mike Liberatore was going to win. Mike called me after prejudging and asked me what the hype was on the boards and I told him everyone was saying he had it hands down. But I was reading and when the night show came apparently B-Curry was fuller and much better than prejudging. Mike was edged out by 1 point. And another friend Jeff Long took 9th out of 16 competitors. Congrats to all of the guys in that class. As for the super heavy weight class Edward Nunn took home 1st after taking 5th at Nationals, came back and put the nail in the coffin with a 1st place finish and I'm sure was a front runner for the pro card. I am sure we will see Ed, Mike, and B-Ray at Nationals taking home pro cards, and hopefully I will be in the same boat. Also my boy PJ Braun was there supporting his girl friend and my close friend Nicole Vitalli, who got robbed at Jr USA's due to the change in figure criteria, and took 8th out of 23 girls. Nicole came in they way the judges wanted and still took 8th. Nicole has some conditioning up top that some guys wish for, she looked awesome, you should be proud of yourself Nic you looked great, Love ya. Next up, look for my boy PJ Braun to make a statement in 5 weeks at North Americans. I already have a car load of guys driving to see him, myself, Kenny, Kris Lecomte, and Dominick are all going to cheer our boy on. Stay focused kid almost there.
Guy

No comments: