Monday, August 4, 2008

No Carb Quad Day!

Today was my first day of dieting and training for the 2008 Nationals in Atlanta Georgia in November. Last year although I took 2nd to Jose, which I think was well deserved, I think it was for the better. I don't think I had the quality of muscle that I have now for starters and secondly I don't think I was ready to be a pro. And standing next to Jose showed me what the best middle weight should look like and what a under 202 lb class pro should look like. So, this year I believe I made some huge improvements in my physique that I think will show on stage in 16 weeks.

As for today in the gym, good old quads, this is how I hammered my quads on my first day of no carbs.

Warmed up with a few sets of leg extensions
Squats-405x10, 405x10, 405x10, 315x12
Leg press-8 plates x 15, 12 plates x 15, 14 plates x12, 16 plates x 10
DB and Lunges (super set) 40lbs dbs for all three sets and extensions were 140, 160, and160 all for reps of 10-12

Overall it was a pretty good day dieting and in the gym I can only hope the next 111 days are like this...
Remember: You need to be a great loser, before you can be a good winner!
Guy

No comments: