Monday, June 30, 2008

Reminiscing During Leg Day!

So good old Mondays, leg day as usual. Had a sick ass workout today probably one of the best workouts that I have had in awhile. And it was funny too, because I was so exhausted today and I was debating on doing chest because I was that exhausted, but when I got into the gym I got a spark in my ass and was amped to train legs. So Ill break down what I did today.

Leg extensions-2 warm up sets, 120x20, 160x 15, 180x12, 200x10 drop set 120x10
Smith Machine Front Squats-225x12, 275x12, 315x10, 185x15
Leg Press-8 plates x 15, 10 plates x 15, 12 plates x 12, 16 plates x 10
Squats-315x12, 315x12, 315x12, 225x15

Although, the squats weren't my usual 405 or 500 for reps, being my quads were so exhausted 315 felt like a house on my back, the pump was sick and the pump in my leg was so intense I had to put my seat back far in my car so I could drive home with no pain. Awesome workout, hands down, I always switch up my workouts especially legs, I either pre-exhaust, giant set, drop set, or straight sets. I am trying to get my outer sweep a lot better after seeing Jose's last year so I defiantly have been training the shit out of my legs.

As for reminiscing, my buddy Ken, sometimes meets me for leg day and shadows my workouts because he's a LH bodybuilder who is trying to bring up his quads, and since my legs are one of the my best parts he likes to see what I do week to week. So today we were talking about things we used to do back in the day as far as how we got started training. Ken had very round shoulders and pretty big arms, he was saying that when he was growing up he had a little barbell in his room that he constantly did press and curls with on a daily basis. I told him I had him beat. My pop is defiantly going to enjoy this. My father, has been a butcher for over 30 years, it's a trade that he taught himself and now does it when hunting season comes around. My dad, brother, and myself have butchered many of types of animals from deer, pheasants, turkey, boar, bear, caribou, wolves, and elk. We can all butcher these animals from start to finish. It's not hard after you have been doing it for such a long time, I started helping my dad butcher when I was 5 years old just chopping up stew for him in the garage. Very good times and memories of butchering together. But back to my point. In our garage we have a meat hanger that looks like a big "J" it's just a big strip of metal that hang the hooks from that hold the animal so we can skin and quarter it. But we have one big pulley that is used to pull the animal up so it hangs upside down so we can skin it. Well, me and my pops one day made a home made gym we took the pulley and wrapped a rope around it, tied to the bottom were these 50 lb weights that we had that looked like little buckets just completely metal. We tied a handle to it so I could do triceps and lat pull down on it. Then on the meat hanger, my dad added padding to it so I could use it to do pull ups with. Since I had all of that we got this little life fitness bench that had 200 pounds in weight (those cheap ones filled with sand), it had an incline and leg extension. So everyday when it wasn't butcher season, I would blast my Rocky music in the garage and go to town on the weights, I thought I was the shit. But that's when I truly new that bodybuilding was in my blood. Well, hope you all enjoyed that little flash back from my life. If anyone has any cool stories from when they were growing up post a comment or email me it would be nice to know how some people got started...ITS MY TIME
GUY

No comments: