Monday, June 23, 2008

JR NATIONALS RECAP!!!

OK, I got into O'hare at 7:15am on Friday morning after only a few hours of sleep. After I got off the plane my buddy Evan flew in a few hours later so we met him to pick him up from the airport. The day for both of us was pretty much a waste, both on only a few hours of sleep and the last thing we wanted to do, well was anything, we just wanted to crash. After a few hours of hanging out, we took a nap and headed over to Dominick's hotel because he wasn't staying at the host hotel. We showed up and Dom and his girl friend Joanna were just relaxing and resting in the room. Evan and I took a few looks at Dom (which was the night before the men's show) and he looked ready to go, ripped from head to toe. After hanging out for awhile we all called it a night and went to sleep, but had to be up early for a 8:30am prejudging.
Saturday was a long day, didn't get a lot of sleep on Thursday night, and Friday night about 5 hours so in 2 days I was working on 7 hours of sleep. After watching the men's prejudging with Evan and Dave, we were both shot. Since the night show didn't start until 7pm, we all went back to eat and rest until we had to go to the night show. In between the show Evan and I saw our buddies Jeff Long and Kris Lecomte all top national competitors, we were shooting the shit with them for awhile then headed out to rest. (did I mention a gym wasn't even in the picture the whole weekend, for either Evan or myself). I'm a head case and not one for missing the gym, but Evan told me that he needed a little rest and he told me he assumed I did too, so we decided to rest the entire weekend.
Saturday night was a good time, but before I get into everything Ill recap my thoughts of the classes.
Bantam and Lightweight were your normal short ripped guys, not to be picky but I usually watch the Middle weights and higher.
Middle weights-I thought Dom had it, the guy Jacob that took 1st had more of a traditional physique, more of a statue and aesthetic pleasing, where Dom was thick and ripped, it was up to the judges opinion. It was the closest score of the night 8-10.
Light Heavies- Ken Jackson looked sick he reminded me of a smaller Mike Lockett, he was put together from head to toe, I thought he had the class from the start.
Heavies- I had two friends Mike Libetore and Jeff Long in the class and they both took 1st and 2nd spots, Jeff brought the mass package, but Mike was 217 and shredded to the bone, his legs were out of control and he was unbeatable from behind.
Supers- well, biggest disappointment was Trey Brewer, with a disappointing 5th. I felt bad for Trey with all the hype he had, I'm sure that he will re think his game plan and come back in 09 ready to rock. BSA (big Sean Allan) took the class and the overall which was the obvious since pre judging, he weighed in at 280 and ripped with mass.

Overall the weekend was great I met a lot of nice people, even though I didn't get to relax it was fun. The next show I have to attend are the North Americans in Ohio to support my buddy PJ. That's it for now. Since I have more time now and now more traveling with shows I will be posting a lot more..I WANT TO GIVE A SHOUT OUT TO MY BOY DOM FOR A GREAT YEAR! PRO BY 09 KID!!
STAY FOCUSED
Guy

No comments: