Sunday, June 8, 2008

Paterson School 4 Carrer Day!!

I had the pleasure of speaking at a career day in Paterson School district on Friday from 8:30-11:30. My computer teacher from my high school Mr. V asked me if I would like to speak to the kids about training, nutrition, and bodybuilding. Of course, I accepted, I have always wanted to educated kids on what it is that I do and about leading a healthy lifestyle. I brought in some pictures, magazines that I appeared in, and my night routine from the Nationals so they could see a little bit of everything. The first class I was in were all 5th graders, as soon as I walked in the room got quite and all you heard were a few, "oh my God, he's huge", and "look at his arms." I just laughed and as the kids started to see me talk and joke around they all lossened up at one point I think every kid in the class was hanging on my arm that the teacher told them on 5 kids at a time could touch my arm. The 5th graders were very inspired I could tell by their reactions and questions that they were asking me. The funny part was as soon as my night show routine was put on the projector the room got completely silent, it was like they were looking at a ghost. They couldn't believe the human body could look like that, right after that that's when all the questions were coming. Even teachers from the other classes were making their way over to see the pictures and the video. After that I had to speak to the 6th grade class, these guys were a blast as well. Of course they wanted to see how strong I was so they made me do some push ups with classmates on my back, I took a bunch of pictures that I plan to post to show everyone. For the sixth graders I wrote on the white board my typical day of eating compared to what they normal eat, they were amazed at what I eat on a daily basis compared to their every day pop tarts and school lunches. I was pleased that I could get my point across about living a healthy life style, and that everyone doesn't have to be a bodybuilder. Working out can help with athletes, bodybuilding, or just everyday health. I feel that I inspired a lot of the young kids and more than anything I gave them a lot of good information that they never knew. Thanks again School 4 and Mr. V for giving me the opportunity to speak, I will be back next year for sure...THANKS
Guy

No comments: