Friday, April 4, 2008

Friday at Lions Den

Today I after a long day of work I met up with my boy Rodney Roller whose 41, and getting ready for the Masters Nationals. We went to Lions Den in Fair field NJ, owned by legendary BB Stockley Palmer, who I spoke to and is going to enter the Nationals as a Heavy weight this year. Let me give you a little background about my boy Rodney. I first met him at Totowa Golds, where I train during the week, the first time I saw him, I said this guy is a freaking monster 5'7 265 lbs. Now I'm 5'6 and I get to about 220 usually this year hopefully 230, but hes a brick shit house. I have known Rodney for over a year, he's part owner of High Crest Health in Fair field NJ, where there is a doctor's office, labs, chiropractor, massage therapy, physical therapy, and much more. I took a walk through of his office today and the doctors there were showing me a lot of new up and coming therapy's that they use, unreal some of the things these doctors do, I was amazed. Back to RR, I have seen my man, shoulder press 180lbs db x 10, bench over 600lbs for reps, barbell shoulder press 405 x 10, squat 600 for reps, he's just a strong ox. But we went over to Lions Den and trained shoulders. We had a sick workout which consisted of Db presses for 3 sets, smith machine for 3 sets, lateral raises, front raises, and rear delt raies, for all sets of 3-4. Then I finished with my hamstrings stiff legs for 4 sets up to 315 x 10 on my last set, lying leg curls 4 sets, and seated leg curls. Rodney and I had a pretty sick workout, he's defiantly a force to workout with, making you push extra hard to push bigger weights, I LOVE IT. Rodney is going to do some damage at the Masters Nationals as a heavy weight. I also got to talk to Craig Richardson, who is five weeks out from the NY Pro, and is looking sick, can't wait to see him, top his best condition last year and keep moving up the ranks.
Tomorrow I will be heading to New Haven CT and there will be the Barbell Club from Universal Nutrition there. If your around be sure to come check it out, starts at 11am. I will be there along with, Dominick, Kenny Wallach who is gonna destroy people next week at the Mets, Big Evan Centopani, my boy PJ Braun, and I'm sure many more....Keep an even Keel!

No comments: