Saturday, April 26, 2008

Friday and Saturday Recap!

Friday was a great shoulder workout with my boy Dom. We got to the gym pretty late because I had to pick up my car from the body shop...again..lets just say bird shit and fresh paint don't mix. I got bird shit on my car after I got it back a week ago, and a bird shit on my car I didn't think anything of it, but it took the paint right off the car and they had to buff the whole thing out. You learn something new everyday. Since we had to do that, we got to the gym around 8pm which is very late for me on a Friday. We started with shoulder press on the smith machine (I have been alternating between db, smith and barbell, just to give my shoulder a feel for everything.) So I did 4 sets 185 x 15, 225 x 12, 275 x 10, 315 x 8, after 4 hard sets I did lateral raises and front raises both 3 sets with cables in the 15-10 set range. I followed that by rear delt rope pulls for 3 sets, then finished off my shoulders with 3 sets of hammer strength behind the neck presses 225 x 15, 275 x 12, 275 x 12. For traps I did 6 sets of smith machine shrugs, 3 sets in front and 3 sets behind the back all 15 reps. Then, it was onto hamstrings. I started off with 4 sets of lying hamstring curls, last set I did a triple drop set to really get the blood flowing. Following ham curls I did 4 sets of barbell stiff legs with 225 x 15, 275 x 12, 275 x 10, 225 x 15. Then to finish them off I did three sets of seated ham curls, last set I did a drop set, at that point I could barley walk out of the gym.
Today, my boy Kris Lecomte, who just won the overall at the Mets came up and we took a ride to Closter to go see Dave and Colette who were doing a small seminar/autograph signing at All Body Fitness. There was a good crowd there, along with Kris and I, Erik Ramirez was there who took 2nd in the LH to Kris, and was probably the 2nd best in the entire show. They both look great, and both of them are doing the Jr USA's in 3 weeks, it's going to be a battle, but they are both friends so there's a friendly rivalry there. I never realized people would recognize me in regular clothes, people were coming up to me going you're Guy right. There was one kid there who said he followed me since the Mets and saw all my videos and interviews I did. It means a lot when you leave a impact on somebody that remember who you are. Colette was looking sick, she's defiantly going to destroy her condition that she was in at the Arnold, I can't wait. After the seminar, Kris and I headed to Gold's Gym in Totowa. Kris had to do back, but I had to do arms, but it was good having him there, always good to have a new face around when you workout gives you energy, and you can also see how they workout and pick up on anything new you've never done.
For arms today I started with bis as always. I did 4 sets of barbell curls 95 x 15, 115 x 12, 125 x 10, then did a quadruple drop set I did 125 x 10, 105 x 8, 85 x 8, 65 x 10. Following that I did 3 sets of seated alternate db curls 30 x 12, 35 x 10, 40 x 10, then did 3 sets of close grip cable curls from the ground, to finish off my bis I did hammer curls across my body 40 x 15, 50 x 10, 60 x 10. For tris I started with close grip smith machine press, 225 x 15, 275 x 15, 295 x 12. After close grips I did incline skull crushers 90 x 15, 110 x 12, 120 x 12, after those I did a super set with tri push downs and over head rope extensions (those burnt like hell). To finish off my tris I did 2 sets of body weight dips for 20 reps. I was shot by that time. We got home Kris banged out 30 min cardio at my apt, and went home to have his cheat meal. Kris is a great kid, first time we hung out and worked out together, very down to earth and is going to do a lot of damage this year on the stage. GOOD LUCK AT JR'S BRO...Tomorrow I'm going to church and relax all day. NO EXCUSES, ONLY RESULTS!
GUY

No comments: