Monday, April 21, 2008

BACK TO THE BLOG!

OK, so these past weeks have been crazy, I apologize for not blogging that much, between working 40-45 hours a week, working out, visiting my grand parents in the hospitals, and the past two Saturdays at bodybuilding shows, I haven't had time to breath. But I'm back today, and yes I said both grand parents are in the hospital, last Sunday my Grandpa got rushed to the hospital because he was having bad chest pains. I heard him banging down stairs, then I heard him scream my name, and I took of like a bat out of hell down the stairs, had to call 911, the whole nine yards. He is ok now, had to get his gallbladder removed. He will be home Wednesday or Thursday and my grandma just got moved to rehab so that's a plus as well. So they are both doing good thank God.

I have a comment on my last blog from roccof asking me when I am going to compete again, I am doing the Nationals this year in Atlanta Georgia, to hopefully gain my pro card after taking 2nd last year to Jose Raymond. Thanks for the kind words bro, I will stop by Olympus just let me know when your working. And the DVD should be done soon, my close friend Colette Nelson is working on it but also getting ready to do damage at the NY Pro, so after that it should be ready to go.

So, this week was another great week of working out, I keep on blasting every body part and it's starting to pay off, I am getting a lot of complements on my body and where I am putting on size. I am trying to bring up everything but more so my shoulders and back. So I have been doing a lot to bring them up to have a greater overall package this year at Nationals. Saturday was one of my clients Nino's bodybuilding show, it was a natural show, which not bashing those shows, but compared to an NPC show they suck, boring, half the people there don't look like they ever worked out or tried a diet. But, my boy Nino whose 25 was entered into the lightweight division novice class, last minute decision by me was for him to go into open. I told him they way he looked he would win the novice class, and I was right he would have, I said it is more respectable to place top 5 in open than win in novice. He never doubted me one bit while dieting and didn't this time, he did, and with his hard work and dedication he placed 5th in his class, coming down from 200lbs to a shredded 153 my boy looked great. I'M PROUD OF YOU NINO, WAY TO GO KID!!!

Sunday was a normal relaxing day, worked out, visited the grand parents, did food shopping for the week, and watched Saw4 with my cousin, which was gross. And then it was back to 9-7 work day today. But what I can say is that my leg workout today was phenomenal. I started warming up with squats, 135, 225, 315, 405, then my working sets were 500 x 10, 405 x 10, 405 x 10, 315 x 12. Then off to the leg press did 10 plates x 15, 14 plates x 15, and the third set was a triple drop set 16 plates x 10, 12 plates x 8, 8 plates x 10. Then I did 4 sets of extensions, finished off with 3 sets of db walking lunges. I was spent, my legs were fried, I am really trying to bring up my outer sweep this year. We'll see what happens. I plan on posting every day to keep everyone up to date on my training. Remember when one door closes, another one always opens...
Guy

No comments: