Sunday, March 30, 2008

Recap Of The Week!

Sunday-Easter is a big feast for Italians, as is every holiday it's all about food and family. I spent Easter over at my Aunt Therea's house, tons of great food. If you grew up in an all Italian family then you know what the holidays consist of, but every holiday has it's own menu, and Easter and Christmas take trump to them all. Thanksgiving is great but not Italian enough for me I love the traditional Italian holidays personally, the only thing good about Thanksgiving is it was after Nationals this year and pumpkin/sweet potato pie is phenomenal. But I got to see my family, my cousin Glenn who lives in Virgina with his wife Lindsay and new baby Ava who is adorable, I was playing with Ava basically the whole Easter, she was just laughing the whole time, I enjoyed every second of it.

Monday-Leg day is just getting better and better, and I am getting stronger and stronger. I switched to a more narrower stance to try to bring out my outer sweep a lot more. But every leg workout is different. This week I pre exhausted with 5 sets of extensions, then went on to heavy hack squats for 4 sets, then heavy leg presses for 4 sets, but to finish off my leg day I did 3 sets of squats super setting with sissy squats. Talk about a pump I couldn't walk out of the gym I had to sit in the locker room until the pump went down a little so I could walk to my car.

Tuesday-Chest day has been getting better for me, as per my shoulder injury, I still am staying away from flat benching but I managed 120's on the incline for 12 which I was happy with since I only had that surgery 2 months ago. So my basic chest day is 6 sets of incline presses, incline flys, flat flys, and either pec dec cross overs, push ups or some other auxiliary exercise. I also added in calves on this day to, so I do calves now on Tuesdays and Saturday, trying to bring them up so I want to hit them one more day per week.

Wednesday-All I do is go to work from 11-8, come home cook food, and either watch TV, or play Tiger Woods Golf on X-Box with my cousin, usually one of my relaxing days.

Thursday-Back, something I am greatly trying to improve on, I need both more thickness and width. I warmed up with pull downs, then right into dead lifts, 3 sets but they were hard and heavy 315 x 15, 365 x 12, 405 x 10. After that I followed with old school T-bars, hammer strength rows, DB pull overs, and then weighted hyper extensions. Got a great pump, I have been really busting my ass to bring up my back hopefully it improves when the time comes in November at Atlanta.

Friday-Shoulders and Hamstrings, one of my longest days in the gym, for two reasons, I have to really concentrate on my shoulders since I had surgery, and two is because I treat hamstrings like every other body part, I don't just go in there and to ham curls and call it a day, I do 10 plus working sets and really grind it out. For shoulders I did DB presses 80 x 15, 90 x 15, and 100x 12, the a burn out set with 60 x 20. After that it was cable side raises super setting with reverse pec dec, then, pre loaded front raises, barbell shrugs, and just to kill them at the end I did a few sets of machine lateral raises. For Hamstrings I did DB stiff legs 4 sets, then super setting with lying ham curls with standing one leg curls for 4 sets, and then CALLED IT A DAY!

Saturday-Last day of the grind every week, bis, tris and calves. I like hitting my arms but then I hate it, my arms are so stubborn so I have been changing how I train them, I have been doing more sets and more volume to try to bring the blood volume to my arms for better growth. I started out with barbell curls 4 sets last set was with four 10 lb plates on each side and did a drop set and drooped a 10 lb plate until there was only one plate left on each side. That was followed by standing Db curls, then one arm cable curls from the floor, and hammer curls, I finished with two sets of 21's. For tris I did three sets of straight bar skull crushers, Centopani style, last set was a drop set, then I did smith machine close grip (this doesn't hurt my shoulder because my hands are closer together), after that I finished with dips super setting with straight bar push downs, I ended with one arm pull downs. After that I did some calves and called it a day, I was exhausted.

Sunday- Just relaxing, my grandmother had to get rushed back into the ER, because since her arm was broken they had to put a metal plate in her arm with screws, and the plate broke through her skin, now they have to re operate on her...So please say a prayer for her she has been through a lot these past weeks and I am hoping she has a speeding recovery, I love you Grandma, hope you come home soon....Well keep sending me emails, I am getting more and more every day and it's nice to see that I have good fan base out there and especially one that believes in me and my dreams to become an IFBB Pro, Thanks for all the kind words, they all mean a lot to me. Keep Growing.
Guy

No comments: