Friday, April 25, 2008

BACK TO BASICS!

Thursday, good old back day. I am really trying to bring up my back, especially after today, I received pictures from JM Manion, and they look sick, the only thing the drove me crazy were my lat spread shots. Not so much from the fronts because I have high lats, but from the rear, I hated how they looked. Don't get me wrong I was shredded, but first off, I couldn't open my right side the entire way because of my shoulder, but my width wasn't there. So those pictures came on a good day, because it was back day. I wasn't planning on dead lifting because I can't remember the last time I didn't dead lift but after seeing those pictures I had to do deads. I started right into int warming up with 225 for a few good reps, the starting hammering away 315 x 15, 365 x 12, 405 x 10, 425 x 10. After a few good rounds of dead lifts I did old school T-bar rows 4 plates x 15, 5 plates x 12, 5 plates x 12, after that it was onto in my opinion one of the best moves for back development one arm dumbbell rows. Knocked off 3 sets with 110 x 15, 120 x 12, 130 x 10, then I did 3 sets of low grip hammer strength rows starting with 4 plates and working my way to 8 plates for a set of 10. For my finisher I did lat pull downs 3 sets 170 x 15, 200 x 12, 220 x 10 drop set 110 x 10, and finally did 2 sets of hyper back extensions to really burn my back out. It was a sick workout and my back is defintaly coming up every week. I will post some progression photos very soon....DON'T LET ANYONE STAND IN THE WAY OF YOUR DREAM!
Guy

No comments: