Thursday, December 13, 2007

You Know Your a Bodybuilder When.....

So today I woke up did the normal routine in the morning, got ready for work, cooked breakfast, and prepared my meals for the day, then it was off to work. Except something was different today, the weather, when the weather gets cold, and snow starts to arrive in the winter season it always sucks for those days we have to make the drive to the gym then home. I went to work, but not for long, left after about 3 hours because right around 10 o'clock it started to come down, but it wasn't snow it was dam ice pellets. So I left around 1 o'clock and went home. I then ate meal # 2 let it digest, then off to the gym in the ice storm. I love this type of weather, only because it divides the people who are dedicated to those who only go when they want to go. I'm not saying that you need to drive in a tornado to the gym, bad weather YES! If you drive slow and controlled it might take you a little longer to get there and back, but you will make it there and be able to get a workout in. I got to the gym at 3:30pm and not to my surprise there was no one there, I love working out like that, empty ass gym. No waiting, no one bothering you, it's like you own the gym, do what you want at your own pace. Bodybuilding isn't a once in awhile thing, it's an all the time thing. No matter what the day brings, good weather, bad weather, fighting with the girl friend, not feeling well, didn't get enough sleep, IT DOESN'T MATTER! You still have to eat, train, and make improvements everyday. Everyday, every 24 hours is 24 hours for you to make improvements in your life and with your body. I love this sport because not everyone can do what we do, the training, the dieting, the cardio, eating right, not going out partying, staying home, going to family parties with your own food, it's part of life. I have given up a lot for this sport, friends, time, money, relationships, etc. Those that stick with me through it all are the true warriors, because what we put the others around us through when we diet for a show and what we do every day on a daily basis isn't any more easier for those around us. There's a reason why there's no "I" in team, because bodybuilding isn't a team sport, it's a selfish, greedy sport, and it's hard to understand unless you go through it. So for those of you who didn't go to the gym today, THANKS, you made our lives that much easier. And for those of you sticking behind and supporting your bodybuilders (women, men, fitness, and figure), I say God Bless and thanks for the support....Had to go off on this tangent today, sorry, the weather brings this out in me..Till next time..EVERY DAY IS A NEW DAY, MAKE IT WORTH IT.
Guy

No comments: