Sunday, December 30, 2007

2008 Goals

2008 is right around the corner and what a year 2007 was. There were so many personal things that I did in 2007 that I am proud of, I mean the list goes on. I went from being a normal NPC bodybuilder to one of the Top Ammature National Level Bodybuilders by winning the Mets and Jr USA's then shortly after taking 2nd at the Nationals. The great new people and friends I met this year just goes on I wouldn't have enough space on here to list everyone that helped me and that I met this year. You all know who you are and THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART.
This was the last weekend of 2007 and wasn't the greatest one for me. Being a bodybuilder and trying to have a relationship can sometimes be a difficult task at hand. When you diet, they diet, when you complain, they hear it, when your not home with your significant other, they are home waiting for you, when they want to go out to eat, you try to be nice by explaining why you can't "eat that", when they want to go out for a few drinks, your drinks are diet coke, when they try to be nice, you snap for no reason...and the list goes on and on. I am not going to go into the details of why I am talking about relationships and bodybuilding, but for those of you whom are bodybuilders remember one thing, bodybuilding doesn't last forever, but your relationships can. You have to be willing to give things up, suck it up, go out, be calm in tough situations, and make sure when you diet it's not a one way street. That are some of the lessons I learned the past 2 years in my relationship that is no longer. Had to get that off my chest.
As for 2008 there are many things I wish to accomplish (in no particular order)
1. Be a better friend, son, brother, and boyfriend
2. Go to church more
3. Realize that there are others around whom are affected by my choices and actions
4. Win the 2008 Nationals
5. Become a paid sponsored athlete
6. After winning the Nationals take 2 years off to rest
7. Save money for a house
8. Get a better job
9. Bring up my weak points on my body
10. Be a go getter-trian harder than I ever had and be a better bodybuilder and all around person

I think everyone should have their own list of things they want to do and/or change in 2008. Being goal oriented is a good way to set dreams and work to accomplish them. Enjoy the last day of 2007 and God Bless in 2008
Guy

No comments: