Saturday, December 15, 2007

SPECIES AND OFF SEASON UPDATE

For all you hard core bodybuilders out there, SPECIES is expanding it's line more and more every day. Today was the new release of FIBERLYZE, AND CARBOLYZE, and I can't even begin to tell you what's next, you'll have to wait and see. FIBERLYZE is a fiber replacement supplement but unlike the usual Metamucil that you see in stores FIBERLYZE has insoluble and soluble fiber in it, giving you 9 grams of fiber per scoop. Also, it is sugar free, fat free and has no aspartame in it. The flavors currently out are fruit punch and lemonade, I tried both of them today, and wow, this is going to be something to look forward to when dieting next year for Nationals. CARBOLYZE is a carbohydrate reloading replacement drink which is used in the off season(for obvious reasons). Taken twice a day pre and post workout this blend of waxy maize starch and d-Ribose, with that it gives you 39 grams of carbs per scoop with 0.5 grams of sugar, making it optimal for energy, recovery, and muscle growth. The flavors currently out are banana and fruit punch. The great thing about the SPECIES line of products is that it explains what all the key ingredients do on the label, for example: "d-Ribose, is a naturally occurring 5-pentose carbohydrate molecule that's found in all living cells and that helps facilitate the production of ATP (the primary energy source for all cellular processes. In studies of healthy athletes, as well as those who have suffered injury to the heart muscle, supplying fatigued muscle cells with d-ribsoe quickly restored ATP to normal functioning levels." This supplement is going to be a key ingredient for myself in the off season. I have never used a waxy maize before, I am going to start CARBOLYZE on Monday, so be sure to check my blog for updates on the effects of it.
As for my off season thus far. I took a trip to Long Island today with my buddy Dominick, and posing coach and good friend Kenny (who is starting dieting on Monday for the Mets and Masters Nationals) to go visit Dave and Colette and prior to that get a workout in at Bev and Steve's gym in Syosset. After getting a sick arm workout in, we headed off to Dave and Colette's for awhile. It's always a fun time and a learning experience there, not only are they two great people, both very knowledgeable in many areas, so every time you leave, you have learned something new. Dave talked to me about off season goals, which are to have a normal off season and don't limit my muscle growth to make a middle weight next year. Bodybuilding is about building muscle so that's what I am aiming for ultimately this year, and we'll take the necessary steps to make sure I get to 176 1/4 for the 2008 Nationals. We also tasted tested a new product that's not out, and all I have to say is WOW, shit was amazing can't wait to talk about it when it comes out. Before we left, Dave and myself went over about 150 shots that were taken by Bill Comstock for Species that he is going to use in adds and posters. The pictures were taken exactly one week before the Nationals, and they look phenomenal. So that's a ton on today's agenda, I will keep posting, just keep reading and sending me the emails, love getting them everyday, keeps me busy. Talk to you all soon. Stay safe and keep GROWING!!!
Guy

No comments: