Sunday, May 11, 2008

NY PRO RECAP

I had a long week, great week of training, but a overall everything went well. So as for the NY Pro, the main sponsor was Dave Palumbo's SPECIES NUTRITION, there were a bunch of sponsored athletes working the booth. Along with me, there was, PJ Braun, Nicole Vitalli (PJ's girl friend), Janet Marsico WNBF Pro, Bev Direnso IFBB Pro, and many others wondering around. Between taking pictures with fans, singing some autographs, and talking to a ton of people, we managed to sneek in to watch some of the show. I met a lot of great people, Jeff Cobb who runs the MD radio, a very great guy, also I had the pleasure of meeting IFBB Pro Flex Lewis, such a great guy, we talked the whole day, he's a real down to earth and funny guy. Flex and I are going to get a few workouts in this week while he's still in Rutherford, NJ, until he has to go back to Tennessee. My close friend and IFBB Pro Evan Centopani was there, and of course always good to hang out with my close friends.
I made sure I got to see the 202 and under class, because I hope to be competing in that class some day. Everyone brought there A-Game but, the resurrection of Kevin English it was when he took the class beating out crowd favorite David Henry. As for the big guys, it was all over when Kai Green came onto stage, he had just as much size that he did at the Arnold, but he was that much sharper. He posing routine was off the chain, and the crowd loved it. I am a big fan of Kai, and have been since I saw him the first time a year ago at the 2007 NY Pro, he brought the sharpest package that I have ever seen in a long time, and he continues to do so with added muscle. There was an upsetting call in the class though, my boy Craig Richardson, took a disappointing 5th, everyone there had him as 2nd, except for the judges..Good Job Craig, you looked awesome. Glad to see such a great turnout, Hope everyone enjoyed the show as much as I did...God Bless
Guy

No comments: