Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Leg Day!!

Memorial was another day in the trenches for this guy. I never get to relax and have some time to myself so I decided to take a trip to my boy Kris Lecomtes' house to hit up Apollon gym, the place was sick. It was like a smaller Gold's New Haven, it had that hard core look and feel to it. The owner Robert Samborksy was there and welcomed me with open arms and told me his doors are always open to me if I want to train there. Also, another part owner of the gym is IFBB pro Alex Federov. Kris and I hammered out legs, Kris took it easy because it was his first leg day since his 2nd place finish at Jr USA's. I did my normal grit and grind workout, which consisted of 2 warm up sets with extensions, 4 heavy sets of squats, 4 sets of vertical leg press, and 4 sets of single leg hammer strength extensions(first time I used this machine and defiantly won't be the last.) After we banged out legs we went back to Kris's house and cooked up some Iron Chef food, I was in charge of the burgers, and sweet potatoes, Kris...well Kris just watched...haha...Ok, he cooked a london broil, so you can say he did something. We all hung out, Kris, his girl friend Jen who is getting ready for the Atlantic States and is looking sick, she's defiantly going to do some damage at that show.
As for the whole weekend, I had a relaxing time with my family, I went out to eat with my Mom and Dad on Saturday, which was nice, for once I didn't have to cook my own food. On Sunday, me and my Pops took the boat out on Oak Ridge Reservoir and were hammering big and small mouth bass all day....Thanks Pop, it was like the Good old days...Love Ya. This weekend as well there is a lot going on..I will talk more about my up and coming weekend tomorrow on my blog. Hope everyone enjoyed the weekend and had a lot to eat. God Bless!
Guy

No comments: