Sunday, March 2, 2008

Plaza Gym And Pete Diaz, Thanks!!!

So I haven't posted all week have been very very busy. This week I was fortunate enough to get asked to guest pose at the Garden State Classic in July, which was one of my first NPC shows that I competed in 2004, along with my boy PJ Braun. That show I placed 4th and weighed a low 162 at weigh-ins (my nutritionist at the time was a moron and didn't know shit about bodybuilding and nutrition). So I spoke with Pete and I took a trip down there to hit up back with my boy Jon Kurtin. My boy Jon and I have been friends for 20 years, I grew up with him in my home town and went to school together from kindergarten up until high school and have been boys every since. Jon is a bodybuilder at heart, he loves working out, eating healthy, and hitting some poses after sets (hahaha). He is a great kid, one of my biggest fans as well, always wanting to know, how much I weigh, what magazines I am in, he's a true friend...Love ya kid. So we got to Plaza gym in Bloomfield around 8ish. The gym has one of those Diamond gym aura, not the biggest gym in the world, but there's a reason for everyone who's there...TO TRAIN! Pete welcomed up both with open arms, and made his gym our own. With older styles of equipment and some of the newer models you were able to get a great workout in, and with the gym wall papered with some of the greats and up and coming bodybuilders, it's defiantly a gym for a bodybuilding warrior. After my workout I was fortunate enough to talk with IFBB Pro Craig Richardson, whom I have met numerous of times, and even guest posed with him at the Brooklyn Bodybuilding Show last year. Craig is one of my favorite bodybuilders, he's down to earth, funny, has a great physique and is very personable. So Craig and I shot the shit a little, and he assured me that when I get my pro card, I would make a great 202 and under competitor, so coming from a pro that meant a lot. I will defiantly be down in Bloomfield more often to get in a great workout. Thanks Pete for the hospitality, can't wait to train there again! Make sure to make it down to train at Pete's Gym Plaza fitness in Bloomfield NJ. Remember, Never put off tomorrow what you can do today, for who knows if tomorrow will ever come....Live it up
Guy

No comments: