Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A Rough Week, Positives and Negatives

Sorry to all that I haven't wrote in a few days last week was a rough one. Trying not to get to in depth of all that happened, I will give a brief overview of everything. Monday morning I had to dial 911, because my grandmother fell getting out of bed and I heard her screaming from my apartment. The sad thing is after I ran down stairs and saw her laying there I picked her up off the ground to see her ankle was in half. Then on top of that all as I picked her off the ground I must have squeezed to hard and cracked her sternum. Oh but that's not all, then on Friday my mother calls me to tell me that the doctors went to go move her into a different bed and because of her age, her bones are very brittle, the broker her left arm. So as you can tell my time availability last week was minimal. Get well soon Grandma, I love you!!!

But, there were a lot of positive things for me that came out of last week. Monday, I hit a personal best on squats for reps. I squatted 500lbs for 7, which was great I was very excited. Then just yesterday I wanted to stick to 405 for 4 sets and I did that for 10 reps every time. So I am very proud of my leg training thus far. I am really trying to focus on bringing up my legs a little more, I noticed how I need more outer quad sweep when I was standing next to Jose Raymond at Nationals, so that is one point I am defiantly focusing on this year. I have been doing more volume and in some cases more reps I usually stayed in the rep range 10-12, now it's not unusual for me to hit some sets of 15-20 on some exercises. I have actually been doing that with all of my body parts. I'm trying to shock them in a way that I haven't before. I still stay heavy and lower reps with my core lifts but everything else I have been doing more reps with. Hopefully me tweaking my training will help with my overall development and I can make the gains I want and need.

Well this week, moving forward I will be posting a lot more, and I have some photos I will be putting up in my members section tonight, be sure to check them out...Hope all is well, remember you can always turn a negative into a positive.
Guy

No comments: