Thursday, January 24, 2008

Post Recovery With The Help of Species

OK so I have my shoulder back a little bit. I finally talked to the doctor and told me what was done. I had a ton of bursitis, which he cleaned all out, also I had a partial torn labrem which he edged out, and i had a bad impingement in my shoulder so he shave off some of the bone on the acromium to give me a lot of room so that I wouldn't be in pain anymore. It's been 4 days and I am still in a sling, but getting more and more movement and flexibility back each day. So I met up with Dave at Lions Den gym owned by Stokley Palmer, where Dave was giving a little seminar about weight training and supplements. Me, being a SPECIES athlete had to go support my man, even though I was only a day out of surgery. I headed there with my boy Dom, and after arriving and shooting the shit, Dave told me one of his new products just came out and it was just in time for my surgery. It's called ARTHOLYZE it is a joint supplement which has, msm, glucosamine sulfate and boron. All which are great for joint and bone health. He gave me a few bottles and said it would help with my recovery and I started taking it and I totally feel the difference. I stopped using my msm and glucosamine and replaced it with ARTHLOYZE and I haven't used the pain killers since I started using it. But all in all things are looking on the up and up, I feel good and my body can sure use a few weeks off...something it's never had in 9 years so it will be good. I am going to my post op appointment this Monday coming up and I will get all the details and info on when I will be back in the swing of things. Until then I am just going to keep doing what I am doing, relaxing, going to physical therapy, and just hope for the best. Thanks everyone for your concern. God Bless
Guy

1 comment:

Curt said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Guy. There's a Shoulder Journal available on BodySpace.com. It was started by a friend of mine who recently underwent shoulder surgery.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6076101

Wishing you a full and speedy recovery.