Saturday, January 5, 2008

A SATURDAY AT CARLO'S CAFE

Let me begin to tell you that Saturdays for me are the best day of the week. Not only do I not have to work, don't have to wake up early, and can do whatever I want all day long. But on Saturdays I wake up when I want, cook my breakfast, prep my pre and post workout shakes and head to WORKOUT WORLD home of CARLO FILIOPONE'S CAFE. I just met Carlo this year while I was getting ready for the Nationals. He first introduced himself while I was guest posing at the Brooklyn Bodybuilding Championships, and later on we both got to guest pose at the Perth Amboy Bodybuilding Championships in Jackson NJ. There are a few people like Carlo in this world, and let me tell you if there were more people like him in the world and sport, it would be a better place. Being a full blooded Italiano, he was blessed with bodybuilding genetics and a chefs heart. Every time I go to WOW, I walk right in to see the new IFBB PRO behind the counter cooking away for the hungry post workout eaters. With a cafe full of food and supplements and walls covered with pictures and autographs from bodybuilders who have come just to eat there, its like the mecca of bodybuilding food. A five minute hello, and then I do my normal routine. After an hour or so of working out I walk into the Cafe, Carlo makes me his famous protein shake (if you want to know what I am talking about you have to go there), this shake is hands down the best around. Just when you think it can't get better he whips up the freshest, most delicious food you want. He offers a variety of chicken, beef, shrimp, fish, steamed veggies, lentils, potatoes, turkey meatballs, chicken or turkey sausage, I mean the list goes on and on. Every Saturday I go there with a friend or solo and Carlo and I sit, mangia, and bull shit about life, bodybuilding, and personal shit. I usually get there around 2 and don't leave until around 6 when the place is closing up, time flys when you have fun and are around great people. I strongly suggest going there and see what he's all about. If anyone's interested the address is:
323 bergen blvd
Fairview NJ
Carlo thanks for all your great hospitality and phenomenal cooking, I hope we become closer in bodybuilding and as friends, your a great person and can't wait to see you do damage in the 2009 NY PRO.
A friend once told me, throughout life you gain a lot of friends, but when you die, you die with only a few Great Friends, and I can tell Carlo will be one of them...Thanks bro
Until next blog, "EAT TO WIN"
Guy

No comments: