Thursday, February 26, 2009

Getting Knocked Down!

Back against the wall, underdog, fighting a losing battle, I have heard all these terms in my life and have been in those situations at least a hand full of times in my life. One thing my father taught me is probably the greatest gift of all, that you can NEVER give up, and the word CAN'T isn't in the dictionary. I have fought many battles in my life, I fought for a fighting spot in high school football, I fought to play in college (even after getting red shirted my freshman year), I fought the following year to make a statement, I busted my ass to be the best body builder I could, I fought to be the best son, brother, friend, and boyfriend all the time, I still fight some of these battles to this very day. I have been put down and disregarded many times in my life as someone that can't or someone that won't do something. Well there is a lot that I have done aside from body building, I was a starter both ways at my high school football team, I went on to play corner back in college, I had the highest total lift total my senior year, I went on to have some great wins as an amateur bodybuilder, and now can call my self a pro bodybuilder. All of those things can be worked at and every option can never be exhausted. I have gotten a lot of emails lately on websites and my email regarding people sad, depressed, and upset, asking for advise so I figured I would share all of what I tell many of these people. So many people think my life is this big great ball of greatness, but they are shocked when I tell them that it's far from that. I still work a normal job, make ok money in this economy, struggle to pay my bills, and at times am heart broken. There are times in my life when I think my life sucks, that I have it the worst because I got my heart broken by a girl, or can't do this or that because I don't have the money, I've been there, I've done that, and sometimes still do. But when you think you have taken all you can and your at the bottom of the barrel, you have to open your eyes and realize that no matter how bad you THINK you have it someone always has it worse. There is a guy who emailed me from RXMUSCLE who has a bad heart condition and almost died a few years back, and came to me telling me he can't get motivated to squat and push weight that he normally does in the gym, he said he felt depressed and down. I was shocked, I guess because when your on the outside looking in, many aspects are seen from a different point of view. I read that and was like wow, I have been upset lately for other reasons, but this guy nearly died and is still living AND working out, but complaining. I couldn't understand it, but then I sent him a message and I told him this. First off, the fact that your alive is a gift from God by itself, and that fact that your still working out is a miracle. I told him if I was in his shoes that I had another chance at life after almost dying, you bet your sweet ass my view on life would change. I told him, normally in life you don't get second chances and he did, so stop complaining about the little things like squatting and weight and just do it, that would drive me more than anything to know God gave me a second. Life is always going to have it's ups and downs, now matter who you are, no matter how much money you make, and no matter how nice you are. Bad things unfortunately happen to good people a lot in life, but it's over coming those obstacles in our lives that makes us stronger individually in different ways. If you all haven't known I am a big ROCKY fan, and sometimes use his quotes to shed some light on a subject, so I guess I will end on this note.
"Life's not about how hard you get hit, it's about how hard you get hit and get up and keep moving forward."
GUY-

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As many times as you have goten knocked down I have never known anyone with strong will, and determination than you SON!

Love Ya
POP